Thursday, May 16, 2013

Letter from Greg Crawford - Dean of Notre Dame College of Science


Dear NPC friends and families,

Below is a letter from Greg Crawford, the Dean of the College of Science at Notre Dame, asking for your help. Greg is preparing for his annual cross-country bike ride. Funds raised from this event will go to the University of Notre Dame Michael, Marcia and Christa Parseghian fund for NPC research.

Dear NP-C family,


For the past three summers, I have dedicated one month to raising awareness and funds for NPC research through cross-country bike rides – Tucson, Ariz., to Notre Dame, Ind., in 2010; Boston, Mass., to Dallas, Tex., in 2011; Boston to Pebble Beach, Calif., in 2012. The rides have generated nearly 100 articles and media clips that highlight Notre Dame’s research in the fight against NPC and our strong partnership with the Ara Parseghian Medical Research Foundation. This summer, I will embark on another ride for the cause. I will be riding from Los Angeles, Calif., to Baltimore, Md., arriving in time for the National Niemann-Pick Disease Foundation 21st Annual Family Support and Medical Conference. This year’s 3,476 miles will bring my four-summer total to more than 11,000 miles. I will start from Los Angeles around July 1. 
Greg Crawford during 2012 
Road to Discovery ride

Each year, I write a daily blog about the ride. This year, I intend to dedicate a portion of my website to a “Parents’ Corner,” and I am requesting the honor of a contribution from you. Please send me a write-up on your child of up to 300 words – what they love, any stories you’d like to share, your child’s favorite activities (games, hobbies, interests, etc.) and your hopes. I would be happy to include a photograph of your child and/or family if you would like. 

Thank you for considering my request. I am so honored to be riding across America again to raise funds and awareness for NPC. I have met so many wonderful children and families over the years, and it is a real honor to ride for you and your family. 

If you wish to send material for the blog, please direct it to the Notre Dame staff – Gregory_Crawford@nd.edu, nhaley@nd.edu, and Stephanie.Purcell.27@nd.edu – no later than June 15. Please include your formal permission to post your statement and photographs publicly on my Notre Dame blog. 

Thank you again, and I hope to see you in Baltimore! 

Yours in Notre Dame, 

Gregory P. Crawford
Dean, College of Science
University of Notre Dame
Notre Dame, Indiana 

Thanks for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment